Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ephereal Renaissance/Antoinette Mix

The thoughts flickering through my mind speak of angels, glimpses of Renaissance women, sheer silks, colours of cream, gold, muted brown, soft blues, and delicate lemon highlights.

I'm mixing Renaissance art with 17th century portrait. It could have been what Marie Antoinette had hanging on the wall of her mansion. The portrait maybe of her in the background, but if it isn't it doesn't matter as it serves the purpose of connecting a lady in the 17th century.

My angel is on the left.

I'm looking at designing a formal piece, but has that graceful elegance and free fall of silk. I'm not after a contrived look of the 17th century, but want to introduce that formality but with ephereal tones, and the rich embroideries with the Renaissance look. This board is going to serve me with that inspiration, cross-referencing with colours and styles.